Friday, March 15, 2013

New Super-Thin Flatscreen TV

Philips television company has released information and pictures on a new style of TV they have come up with, which they call the "DesignLine." This super-thin television eliminates the need of a stand or a wall mount to place it on, and can instead be simply leaned up against a wall. I find this awesome, but at the same time kind of stupid, too. I find it awesome because of the step forward in technology. This television is extremely thin and the first of its kind. It always excites me to see new and different types of things come out that I use every day. I like hearing about upgrades and things of that nature.
I do, however, find this invention a little stupid. Not the TV itself, but rather the whole leaning against the wall thing. Seems like a recipe for a broken TV if you ask me. Sounds like it could slip or slide on hardwood floors fairly easily (especially since the current design has no rubber stoppers on the bottom) or could be easily damaged from something else hitting it, due to it being so close to the floor. Overall I like the new invention, but think they could improve on how the product is supposedly supposed to be used.

Philip's "DesignLine" Television


Link to the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment