Wednesday, February 6, 2013

$50 Ears for Your Android

Unfortunately, I have found another stupid invention to share. I was hoping to find one I like, but this is one I just had to share. Let's start with this: I really like video games. I like console games, hand held games, PC games, all of it. However, this is just ridiculous. I found an article today about a USB-connected controller that you stick onto your Android phone to make playing video games easier. Why would anyone do this? I know from experience that pretty much any "real" game (as in not just a simple app) on a phone is usually pretty lame. Adding a "controller" doesn't help take away its lameness, it just makes your phone look stupid as you play. I mean just look at this thing:


It looks like your phone has some creepy goblin ears or something. And what is it going to help you with? Shooting your Angry Birds a little more accurately? Probably not. It will most likely be the one of those things you buy, use once, and then put on a shelf for the rest of forever. 

This "XOPAD" goes for about $50. If you want my advice, save up a little more and buy something like a DS for around $100, play some real games, and save your phone the embarrassment of giant, fake ears.

Link to the story here.

1 comment:

  1. Could be good for emulation, it'd give you the libraries of everything on the PSX and prior.

    Doesn't look easily portable though.

    ReplyDelete